You know that book they turned into a movie with the amazing America Ferrera? The one with the group of girls who shared the magical pair of pants? That would be really cool if that happened in real life, right? A bond of friendship so strong it magically transforms your life and the size of those jeans.
Well, the magic of the interweb has gifted me with the blogging bond of Sherri Matthew‘s friendship and support. And as if that were not enough, she’s nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Sadly, it does not come with a pair of magical blue jeans, but there are other perks.
~ ~The Rules ~ ~
- Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
~ ~Ten questions to be answered ~ ~
- Your favorite color …. Purple (though I tend to wear a lot of blue)
- Your favorite animal … Black lab (though I’ve never owned one)
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drink … Cafe Mocha (I’m attempting to perfect it in house)
- Facebook or Twitter … Facebook (lots of kakking, but no tweeting)
- Your favorite pattern … Chevron, baby (for now)
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving (though I wouldn’t mind a Frye boot donation 😉 )
- Your favorite number … Three (grew up in a family of three – Mom, Dad, me – and now have three. How did that happen!?)
- Your favorite day of the week …One that I can stay in my pjs and read/write and no one rings the bell
- Your favorite flower … Hydrangea
- What is your passion? … Writing – and ice cream
~ ~ The Nominees ~ ~
There are quite a few blogs I love reading. The ladies behind the ones I’ve listed below write pieces that make me feel as if they knew what I needed at that moment; that make me feel like I’m not the only one who’s having this, that, or another horrible feeling; that bring hope from isolation. And quite frequently make me laugh my pants off. Through their reading and comments, they make me feel that my own words are not in vain. So for those sisters I never knew I had and may have never even met, this one’s for you.
Kathy at Chasing Clever
Marlyn at Kintal
Charlotte at momaste
Miss Fanny P at The Adventures of Fanny P
Ruby Tuesday at I Was Just Thinking
Rachel at The Red Tent
Casi at Mama Cravings
Natalie at Happy Cat 13
Megan at The War in My Brain
I invoke the song in the title because it’s got a funky beat you can dance to, but in no way am endorsing Lady Marmalade’s career choices 😉
21 thoughts on “Go Sister, Soul Sister”
Aw, you’re so sweet! And I actually thought of the Train song. Don’t know about the other one, but the Train song is GOOD.
And you’re quick! Haven’t even posted over to your blog yet!
You jingled into my inbox and I popped on over! Sometimes it just works out. 😉
I remember this movie. It is so interesting to see how books become movies. As someone with a literary blog, I always love to compare them. Cool post!
Thank you! As someone interested in young adult literature, I find it incredibly interesting how many YA books are turned into movies. And how many adults flock to see them never being the wiser that their tweens and teens should have already read them!
Congratulations on the nomination. Just like the movie, you already possess wonderful friendship and support from your fellow bloggers and family. Great post as always.
Tremendous support! Thank you!
Thank you so much. You are beautiful, and just earned yourself a future Saturday Shout Out over at Momaste! xo.
Woot woot! Awesome! Thank you! And right back at ya!
thank you for sistering me, you’ve been a good daughter to our WP parents. Will spread love to other siblings.
Thank you so very much for nominating me. I’m happy and honoured and flattered and touched that you like my blog. X
You’re a gem, Jennifer! Thank you for thinking of my little blog ❤
Thank you for writing it!
Good day, Jennifer! When I discovered you here in cyber world, I was ecstatic to know there was another soul who was not afraid to share her innermost thoughts and feelings so articulately. Thank you! ❤ I feel honored that you considered me for this award. Have a MARVELOUS day!!
You as well! Thank you for your kind words – and for sharing your thoughts!
Pingback: ‘Sisterhood of the World Bloggers’ | happycat13
I haven’t heard of this book or film Jennifer, but what a great post about this award. I love the idea of sharing magical jeans, but, as you say, better to share a blogging bond and friendship here with you, for which I’m so grateful. Many congratulations again, and ‘Go sister, Soul Sister’… 🙂
Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brasheres. Actually haven’t read the books, though my seventh grade (female) students were all about them when they came out. Have seen snippets of the movie. Great concept.