You know that book they turned into a movie with the amazing America Ferrera? The one with the group of girls who shared the magical pair of pants? That would be really cool if that happened in real life, right? A bond of friendship so strong it magically transforms your life and the size of those jeans.
Well, the magic of the interweb has gifted me with the blogging bond of Sherri Matthew‘s friendship and support. And as if that were not enough, she’s nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Sadly, it does not come with a pair of magical blue jeans, but there are other perks.
~ ~The Rules ~ ~
- Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
~ ~Ten questions to be answered ~ ~
- Your favorite color …. Purple (though I tend to wear a lot of blue)
- Your favorite animal … Black lab (though I’ve never owned one)
- Your favorite non-alcoholic drink … Cafe Mocha (I’m attempting to perfect it in house)
- Facebook or Twitter … Facebook (lots of kakking, but no tweeting)
- Your favorite pattern … Chevron, baby (for now)
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving (though I wouldn’t mind a Frye boot donation 😉 )
- Your favorite number … Three (grew up in a family of three – Mom, Dad, me – and now have three. How did that happen!?)
- Your favorite day of the week …One that I can stay in my pjs and read/write and no one rings the bell
- Your favorite flower … Hydrangea
- What is your passion? … Writing – and ice cream
~ ~ The Nominees ~ ~
There are quite a few blogs I love reading. The ladies behind the ones I’ve listed below write pieces that make me feel as if they knew what I needed at that moment; that make me feel like I’m not the only one who’s having this, that, or another horrible feeling; that bring hope from isolation. And quite frequently make me laugh my pants off. Through their reading and comments, they make me feel that my own words are not in vain. So for those sisters I never knew I had and may have never even met, this one’s for you.
Kathy at Chasing Clever
Marlyn at Kintal
Charlotte at momaste
Miss Fanny P at The Adventures of Fanny P
Ruby Tuesday at I Was Just Thinking
Rachel at The Red Tent
Casi at Mama Cravings
Natalie at Happy Cat 13
Megan at The War in My Brain
I invoke the song in the title because it’s got a funky beat you can dance to, but in no way am endorsing Lady Marmalade’s career choices 😉