I feel as bubbly as a schoolgirl.
So much excitement and blog love.
The positive and honest woman behind Surprise Mama has nominated me for The Liebster Award, my second! My goodness, one was an honor, but two! How much can a modest woman take? I’m not going to turn any of it down, mind you.
I am going to pass on the whole 11-11-11 bit of the Liebster and opt for a modified version of the rules as it’s my second time around.
First, a shout-out to Surprise Mama. Motherhood catches us all by surprise, I think, but she is candid about how her life has been transformed by unexpected motherhood. She has a great photograph of all the toes in her family as the header of her blog (are those really yours?). And she still believes in handwritten thank-you notes – a girl after my own heart! Thank you, thank you, thank you for thinking of my little ol’ blog as one of your nominees.
Surprise Mama posed eleven questions for me to answer, which I will now attempt to do.
- What is your favorite book that was made into a movie (and was the movie any good?) Hmmm . . . that’s tough one. The movies usually pale in comparison to the books and some of my favorite books have never been cinematized (is that a word?) – which may be a good thing. But Fahrenheit 451 has been bopping around in my head lately. I love that movie in a strangely stark sixties sort of way.
- Vanilla or Chocolate? Oh, most definitely chocolate.
- What is your proudest moment? When I catch one of my daughters being kind / taking care of one another.
- What is the best job or volunteer position you have ever held? Running my campus’ chapter of Habitat for Humanity
- Sneakers or stilettos? Sneakers.
- If you were to teach a class, what would it be called? Journalling as a coping tool
- If you were to take a class, what would it be called? Knitting 101
- What is the best gift you have ever received? My husband’s love
- What is your favorite blog (besides your own)? I’ve been stalking The Red Tent lately.
- If you could travel around the world, what five destinations would you be sure not to miss? the stone house my great-grandfather grew up in in Ireland; the back alleys (or would that be allée, ha!) of Paris; Provence; Italy once again; my friend’s kitchen in New Brunswick for a cup of tea.
- What scares you? Loss of control (I know, I’m working on that).
Go to Surprise Mama’s Liebster post and visit all her fine nominees. Or go to her site eleven different times and send her view-counter off the charts!
Thank you for double the Lieb love, Surprise Mama!
5 thoughts on “Doubly Lieb”
Those really are our toes! That picture was taken when the baby was 1 week old. It is truly one of my favorite pics of all time!
It is a fabulous picture!
That is awesome congrats woo hoo
BTW 100 likes u r certainly on your way
Thank you, Karen! Thank you