A fabulous lady who stepped out of the blogosphere and onto my stats page nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award. Tiny steps, big journey first found me sometime in February, then we bonded over Star Wars and a predisposition to dressing our kids in Star Wars garb! No matter what our parenting experience, it’s the commonalities that draw us together, isn’t it?
So I looked up the definition of versatile for a deeper understanding of it. Visuwords, one of my favorite language sites, says versatile is varied, which I knew, but also skilled and mobile. I’d like to think I’m not only a versatile blogger, then, but parent as well; skilled in handling the various crises that come my way, such as shuddering and moving to another room when my seven year-old daughter sings “I’m Sexy and I Know It”.
If you find yourself nominated, you’ve been awarded The Versatile Blogger award. And then, you need to pay it forward:
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Tell the person who nominated you seven things about yourself
Seven things about me:
- I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
- I was slightly obsessed with anything Jack Kerouac for the better part of ten years.
- I am neither a morning person nor a night owl; I thrive between the hours of 10 AM and 2 PM.
- I was born tired (which may explain # 3).
- I am an only child raising three children (at times, bizarre!)
- I love to sing.
- I love to compete with my husband as to who can first name the title and artist of a song within the first few beats.
And the nominees are . . .
2. Burgeoning School Psychologist
7. Track My Kin
11. Sassy Sass
13. Momma Swears
14. Off-Duty Mom
These fifteen fabulous blogs are not ranked in any way, shape, or form. I’ve found something that speaks to me in all of them, as I hope you have in mine. Thank you!
7 thoughts on “I’m Versatile and (Now) I Know It”
Just thanked you for “paying this forward” to me. I appreciate the shout-out!
Can I just mention how honoured I am to have bn nominated by you. Thank you so much for visiting my bloog, I’m a beginner and this truly means a lot to me.
Your words are so truthful – and so validating to someone ‘who’s been there, done that’. Thank YOU for writing.
Pingback: Dreaming in Blog « Chopping Potatoes
Thank you so much for nominating me!! I truly feel honored 🙂 And I have followed the instructions and paid it forward to some of my favorites. Feel free to check them out here: http://calibamamom.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/versatile-me-really-now/
Have a wonderful night :-))
Thanks for the link! And kind words!